From one of my favorite sites, The Consumerist. Everyone should have this blog on their must read list:
... Austin writes in a hot tip for all of looking to pole vault low-level CSR and reach the Valhalla of customer service.
"Most all large companies have some sort of executive customer service staff, made up of individuals who have the power to cut through all sorts of red tape," he writes. "The key is knowing how to access these wonderful people who can make things right when everything else has gone wrong."
• For public companies, put the stock ticker symbol in Google Finance and pull up the profile page. The corporate office should be listed under Company Facts.
• Call the corporate office.
• Ask for a transfer to the office of the CEO.
• You will likely get an exec. assistant but that's good. Voice mail is ok, too.
• Give succinct summary, including identifying details like order numbers and confirmation numbers.
• Remain nice.
"Within a day, you should get the phone call equivalent to the holy grail--a call back by someone on the executive service team."