Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Jewish Dr. Seuss Fans


Not really seasonal, but I have a two year old, so someday he'll probably run into this classic tale of one poor young child struggling with dealing with the wide, non-kosher world, the rejection of treif and how that child is cajoled, nay, browbeaten, into violating our obligation to follow God's plan. Here is a far, far happier ending from the internet, one which allows the child to remain faithful to God and God's people, and yet to be open to the world of interesting new foods - at least those which are kosher!
(postscript - if anyone knows the original author so I can post b'shem omro, that would be great. Thanks)


Will you never see?They are not KOSHER, So let me be!
I will not eat green eggs and ham.
I will not eat them, Sam-I-am.

But I'll eat green eggs with a biscuit.
Or I will try them with some brisket.
I'll eat green eggs in a box.
If you serve them with some lox.

And those green eggs are worth a try
Scrambled up in matzoh brie!
And on a boat upon the river,
I'll eat green eggs with chopped liver!

So if you're a Jewish Dr. Seuss fan,
But troubled by green eggs and ham,
Let your friends in on the scoop:
Green eggs taste best with chicken soup.

No comments: